I completed this remixed image in class. We were told to find a vector graphic of a logo and alter it in such a way that it becomes unrecognisable. We were then told to edit a picture of a celebrity into black and white mode, and then alter the brightness of the celebrity to make it have almost stencil like contrast, much like some of Banksy’s work or the OBEY brand logo.
1) This is the logo I started with.
2) After getting rid of the bottom half I began mirroring what remained.
3) After getting an interesting shape from the mirroring process I mirrored it again and copied the lower half of my shape to the upper half.
4) This was my final “Adidas” remix logo.
5) I also played around with the Nike swoosh.
6) I removed the text, as I wanted to focus on what is arguably the most recognisable brand logo in existence.
7) I made the swoosh angle more horizontally.
8) Mirrored it.
9) Mirrored the moustache like shape.
10) Duplicated another copy of the double moustache shape but placed the second vertically instead of horizontally.
11) Tweaked it a bit more until it was symmetrical and I liked the way it looked.
12) Found a nice picture of one of my girlfriend’s favourite artists Justin Timberlake.
13) I mirrored the right side of his face to cover the left.
14) Made him black and white.
15) Toyed with the contrast and brightness.
16) Toyed with the brightness and contrast some more.
17) Placed my remixed Adidas logo below him
18) I free-transformed the Adidas remix to make it taller. I was starting to like what I had created by this point. I almost considered leaving the image as it was, a ten pin bowling Justin, but I really wanted to incorporate the nike swoosh remix because I really liked the way it had come out.
19) I decided to at least try the nike swoosh remix to see how it looked, and I quite liked it placed behind Justin’s head.
This was my finished image. It’s a little odd, but I quite like it. He looks a bit like a flower or a small fan.