The idea for this image was based around my passion for Nintendo 64 games. I wanted to see if I could somehow incorporate Mario into a remixed picture. I then started to think about the game Mario Cart 64. I thought it might be cool to have mario evading police in his go cart, so I found the only good picture I could find of police cars chasing someone and started my edit.
1) I found this picture of police cars in pursuit.
2) I began with removing the perpetrator’s car, making sure to leave some of the car behind it where possible, as this would help with the clone stamp tool later on.
3) I then copied the front of the police car to the right of the photo and pasted it over the parts 0f the police car I deleted in step 2. It took a bit of work lining it up and erasing/blurring the required areas but I’m fairly happy with how it turned out.
4) I then used the clone stamp tool to recreate the lighter part of the road that was missing from the deletion in step 2.
5) I then used the clone stamp tool to recreate the missing parts of the road, this was slow and tiresome work but it came out fairly well all things considered.
6) I used the clone stamp tool some more just fine-tuning the various patches of road.
7) This was about as good as I could get the road to look.
8) I found a picture of mario on a cart.
9) Removed the background using the magic eraser tool.
10) Copied and pasted Mario into the picture.
11) I added some more shadow to Mario’s shadow using the clone stamp tool.
12) I found a nice picture of white smoke.
13) I removed the black background using the magic eraser tool.
14) I removed a bit more of the darker outline using the magic eraser tool.
15) I copied and pasted the smoke into the picture. I did this twice, as I wanted there to be quite a lot of smoke coming from his back wheels.
16) I found a “Breaking News” television boarder. I removed the green using the magic eraser tool.
17) After placing the “Breaking News” boarder. I added the text using the text tool.
18) I found a picture of a gold gun and removed the background using the magic eraser tool.
19) I resized and then flipped the gun horizontally and placed it in Mario’s hand.
20) I erased the parts of mario’s hand that were covering the gun and used the clone stamp tool to make Mario’s fingers seem to wrap around the hand grip.
21) I re-wrote the text to incorporate “gold coins”.
This is the finished picture, and I am quite happy with it. It took me a very long time to complete but I think most people my age would get a kick out of it.